Our destination for Friday was Torrey, UT. We planned to have dinner at our favorite restaurant there, "El Diablo". Well. . . . . off-roading also means maps and GPS don't know when the dirt road ahead is washed out. Our poor car - we dinged up the front bumper and one of the side panels fell off due to really BIG wash outs! Anyway, Kent finally parked and WALKED ahead until he could see there was no getting through. That meant retracing our bumpy road for several hours and approaching Torrey from another direction. We arrived at our hotel at 10:00 pm. :)
I had to have something in my stomach before then so we stopped at some little sandwich place along the way and I got a delicious grilled cheese sandwich and some chocolate milk. My tummy was happy! You could tell this place got a lot of business, because there were 2 teenagers working and one of them was being trained. The sandwich was worth the wait!!
Saturday - Original plan - get up fairly early and drive to Bull Frog and take the ferry across Lake Powell.
Actuality - we both slept in until about 9:00 - got to the "complimentary" breakfast by the skin of our teeth, and went to Hite and overlooked Lake Powell. :)
We spent the day in Natural Bridges. I read and slept, Kent hiked around taking pictures of more wildflowers. I was hoping that going on this trip would make me feel better physically. I'm not sure WHY I thought that - it didn't happen. But, if I'm going to be tired, head-achy, and nauseous I might as well be somewhere beautiful that isn't home! Actually, I have to amend this a bit. Thanks to a discovery by my friend Tina, I DID have less nausea - thank you Tina!! For anyone else who suffers from chronic nausea, for whatever reason, let me share.
Tina's daughter is expecting and is VERY sick. So the two of them went to Good Earth to see what they might find that would help her. They were introduced to Ginger products. Tina made a little care package of them for me to try - and they work! The package included some Ginger tea, ginger hard candy, and Ginger Chews. The chews were my favorite. They were very strong, so a little bite lasted for a few hours. The whole piece of candy lasted me an entire day - sometimes more. Unfortunately, I have used up my package, so Tuesday I'm hitting Good Earth for some refills!
We spent the night in Monticello.
Sunday we went to Sacrament meeting in Monticello - all 3 talks were very good! Then we drove home. We arrived home about 4:30 or so. It was nice to be home but I'm glad we got away for a few days! Kent took hundreds of pictures of wildflowers - here are my favorites:
No comments:
Post a Comment