Friday we spent the day on the Alpine Loop. We got a table right by the river - I love the sound of the river. While we were eating lunch, a humming bird came right up next to Kent's face and then hovered all around him. Kent was wearing a bright Hawaiian shirt covered in flowers! :) It was really amazing - I wish I'd taken a picture. Here are a few pictures of Kent's growing collection of wild flowers:
He claims this was his:
Now it is Monday morning and my bones are still hurting. Last night wasn't the greatest, but I did sleep!! If things go as before, the pain will be gone by tomorrow. :) [The bone pain has not left. It isn't worse than before but is lasting longer. -- I'm hoping I can sleep better tonight!]
I started this yesterday but set it aside because I couldn't quite decide what it is I want to say.
Despite the pleasant things I did this past weekend - they weren't as pleasant as they would have been if I didn't have cancer. I never feel totally joyful or enthused about whatever it is I'm doing. I haven't suffered what many people suffer from side-affects but emotionally I struggle. Even if I'm feeling "good" there lurks in the background this disease with all of its unknowns: Will it come back? Will I be strong enough? What am I suppose to learn from this and am I learning it? Is there something worse coming?? I HATE CANCER!!!
Yet, how dare I feel sorry for myself when my 2-year-old great niece just had a softball-sized tumor removed from her little head! She still faces chemo or radiation, or maybe both. How do you explain to her why she feels so bad - or what exactly it is that is happening to her?! Did I mention that I HATE CANCER!?
One thing I HAVE learned - your prayers in my behalf, work. I feel so much love and care from all of you and I love you for it!
I started this yesterday but set it aside because I couldn't quite decide what it is I want to say.
Despite the pleasant things I did this past weekend - they weren't as pleasant as they would have been if I didn't have cancer. I never feel totally joyful or enthused about whatever it is I'm doing. I haven't suffered what many people suffer from side-affects but emotionally I struggle. Even if I'm feeling "good" there lurks in the background this disease with all of its unknowns: Will it come back? Will I be strong enough? What am I suppose to learn from this and am I learning it? Is there something worse coming?? I HATE CANCER!!!
Yet, how dare I feel sorry for myself when my 2-year-old great niece just had a softball-sized tumor removed from her little head! She still faces chemo or radiation, or maybe both. How do you explain to her why she feels so bad - or what exactly it is that is happening to her?! Did I mention that I HATE CANCER!?
One thing I HAVE learned - your prayers in my behalf, work. I feel so much love and care from all of you and I love you for it!
No comments:
Post a Comment