I have had a much better time, emotionally, on this round than on my 3rd. Your prayers have worked - so thank you!!!
We had a very sweet experience on Tuesday. Well, it was totally good for me, Kent's was mixed with nerves. Anyway, Kent was the devotional speaker on Tuesday and since I had been asked to sit on the stand with him, I arrived around 10:25 or so. There were a handful of people there - but no Kent or anyone that looked official enough to tell me what I should do. Happily, some of those "handful of people" were students from our Winter semester in Jerusalem. It was so good to see them and get caught up. They had some early to save a row or two for more JC students so they would all be sitting right in front! It was so much fun to greet each new bunch that came in, and then Kent's brother, Roger came too!
We did have to go sit on the stand earlier than we really wanted to so the greetings to more entering students were done with nods, smiles and small waves.
President Samuelson greeted us as we arrived at our seats. He called me by name and asked how I was feeling! He was so kind and gave me lots of encouragement.
Kent did a fabulous job (if I do say so myself!) and the audience seemed to respond well to it. As we were leaving the stage, we were able to see MORE friends: more students - even one from back in 1997; 2 of our "favorite" cousins; Walter and Mary Whipple - whom we met when we first arrived in Jerusalem; a friend from the 7th ward -- oh it was just so fun!!
Now, none of the above is a great deal of activity - but I was exhausted and had to rest when I got home.
Since then, I have been pretty much confined to home for my low days. I've done a puzzle, read 1+ books, and tried to do a few chores in between to keep myself busy. This is my last day of confinement, and I'm feeling pretty good. I've had some nice visits from friends - thank you for the books, soup, notes, web cam visit - that was a fun surprise!, encouragement and love. It all makes such a difference!
No comments:
Post a Comment