Saturday, July 9, 2011

Another milestone

Well, I had my first treatment with the new chemo - Taxol. I didn't have an allergic reaction during the infusion - that was good. For the first time in many weeks I don't feel nauseous or have a head ache! I'm very anemic so my fatigue level is pretty high - I also sleep more, but since I wasn't sleeping that great before, I don't mind! The Taxol does give me bone pain - but I'm taking Claritin for my allergies [which, oddly enough, helps with bone pain] and I occasionally take advil or something, so it is manageable. All in all, I'm doing very well.

I was very nervous before I went for my treatment on Thursday. Not about getting the treatment but about NOT being able to get it. On Wednesday morning I woke up with the left side of my head plugged up - including sore throat and ear ache. It was worse Thursday morning and I was certain they would send me home with no chemo. Since I didn't have a fever the doctor was okay about going ahead. I was so relieved.

Taxol takes longer to infuse and they give me a large dose of Benadryl before so I'm there about 5 or 6 hours [counting doctor time]. I had a lovely visit with my neighbor, Penny and then with my daughter, Sarah - so the time was well spent!

Yesterday [Friday], Kent and I spent the day up at Aspen Grove, enjoying the smell of pine trees and fresh air. The beauties were amazing!

1 comment:

  1. Nancy, I love the pictures. You are so remarkable. I'm so glad that it is all improving. Hang in there. LOVE YOU! Sharon

    ReplyDelete