Sunday, July 17, 2011

Bone pain, Below normal, Bald head

Just some thoughts as I look back on the 10 days since my fifth chemo treatment.

Saturday and Sunday following chemo the bone pain increased and the nausea returned. :( Now, let me say this - as long as I took advil or tylenol and used heating pads, the pain was manageable - so can't complain TOO much. :) By the following Tuesday, the pain was gone, as was the nausea. Two days, out of fourteen - I can live with that! I realize, as I have many times in the past 4 months, that I am truly blessed. Your prayers are working in my behalf - I don't understand why, but I am extrememly grateful!

This time around, even though I knew I was getting low, I didn't FEEL as low as I have in the past. I scheduled an appointment to go in and have my levels checked so that I could see how much higher I was. Surprise - I WASN'T higher, I was just as low as I have been. Maybe the fact that I have been sleeping better is what gives me more energy.? Anyway, I am, again, very grateful.

Third thing - I've decided that either I have a fat head, or an extremely slippery one! I cannot get silky scarves to stay on my head - no matter what I do. When I went to the doctor's on Friday - my scarf came off in the parking lot and I had to go back to the car and retie it! Thankfully, it did stay on through the visit and I made it home before it fell off again. Even the cloth ones seem to work their way up eventually and I find myself in need of pulling them back into place. So - what's your vote - fat or slippery? [or all of the above?] ;)

1 comment: