Monday, April 18, 2011

The bandage is off

Well, I have mixed feelings about the bandage coming off. First of all - it feels so much BETTER! Second of all - the drains are more annoying. The sight doesn't bother me too much, but I didn't think about how my appearance will affect others. Sorry. It is obvious, so, I'm stuffing for the mean time. I seem to be more achy than I was before - I guess my body is rebelling about having to sleep in one position all night and guard my right side 24/7. BUT, the pain pills help and I'm only taking 3 or 4 per day. Kent continues to be my wonderful help in emptying the drains - bless him! Bedtime is a bit harder than other times of day - I'm tired. And thoughts of upcoming chemo make me very discouraged and afraid. I know there is much more of that kind of feeling lying ahead - I will rely heavily on your faith and prayers in addition to my own, to get me through! Time to go rest. Love you all~

3 comments:

  1. We love you and are praying for you Aunt Nancy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the updates. Sounds like you are plugging along. I'm glad to hear you were able to make it out for a walk; fresh air does wonders for me too.

    ReplyDelete