Well, my visit today went well. Everything is healing nicely. No swelling ect. that there shouldn't be. Actually, the area around the port tube looks a little red so she put me on light antibiotics for a few days, just to make sure it isn't infected. I'm not worried.
She couldn't take out any drains yet, but I have an appointment for next Tuesday to have one removed. [I AM anxious to get them out - but NOT anxious to have it removed - you know what I mean??]
Still no news on the Hur2neu factor - I'm not sure if that is good or bad or nothing.? Dr. Tittensor gave me a refill on pain meds, although I don't need many anymore, for which I am grateful. She also gave me a "prescription" for a prostheses - but I need to wait a few more weeks before getting fitted for one! That sounds SO weird, doesn't it??
Dr. Tittensor set up an appointment with my oncologist for next Thursday, the 28th. She also gave a sheet of exercises to start doing to get the mobility back in my right arm. She told me to take it slow still, until I am really healed up so I don't cause myself problems.
I had a lovely visit from an old -- no, not an old -- a long-time friend who wanted to see how I was doing. I am so awed by all of the love and support we are receiving. I know that I ask you for continued prayers in my behalf, but please include Kent in those prayers as well -- cancer can be harder on the caregiver than on the patient!!!
Just a quick jump back to yesterday. My visiting teachers came yesterday. They brought love, support, optimism, a lovely message and a "it's been one week since your surgery" cupcake. It was DIVINE!!! Thanks ladies!! [you know who you are!]
I'm so glad that things are healing well. I really want to stop by and see you sometime soon, when you are feeling up for it :)
ReplyDeleteJust give me a call before you come - I'd be happy to see you anytime!
ReplyDelete