Saturday, April 16, 2011

Kindnesses continue!

Well, today is Saturday, April 16 and I am continually amazed at how good I actually feel. I'm taking very little pain medication and I'm sleeping well at night! I've received visits, cards, and donated movies to watch during recovery. Lunches, dinners, treats [especially "anti" cancer ones!] have been so delicious and appreciated. Visits from my family fills my cup!
Kara, from "Sister survivors", came to visit and brought me some gifts and info on cancer. I feel I am in such good hands. Kent and I took a short walk around Nelson's Grove after dinner. It felt so good to breathe fresh air and not be laying on the couch!! :)

Tomorrow I am removing the bandage. I'm a little nervous as to how I'll REALLY feel about the surgery once I look at it. But . . . .

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy,

    You are such an example of what I call "Bright Faith"! When I leave this earth, I just want it to be said of me: "He was Sharon Porter’s husband, the father of 8 wonderful God-fearing children . . .and the brother of Nancy Jackson!" Always we think of you - and countless South Africans are praying for you in the Johannesburg Temple.

    Much love, many prayers, and boundless admiration and respct from me to you

    Rich

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO glad things are going well!! How wonderful to be around friends and family that take such great care of you. We miss you here and are praying for you lots but glad you are home at the same time!

    ReplyDelete