Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Back home in Utah






Dear all, Most of you probably already know that Kent and I have had to end our 2 years in Jerusalem after only 8 months. I have been diagnosed with breast cancer. Yesterday we met with the oncologist and he set up an appointment for me to have a PETscan tomorrow morning. Thursday morning we meet with the surgeon, so by Thursday we will know what comes next. I will do my best to keep people updated through the blog. Of course, I ask all of you to keep me in your prayers and hope for the best!!! I have already felt such strength and love from all of those we love! I have been overwhelmed by it, in fact. When we first got the news that I did, indeed, have cancer we were in Galillee. The doctor did not feel that it was necessary for me to return immediately to Jerusalem so kent and I had a working vacation for the next week. I found myself enjoying the beauty more than usual, loving the students and the time spent with them and Kent and I did a lot of praying and soul searching about what lies ahead for us. These are a few of the beautiful sights we were blessed with while in Galillee.

Neither of us understands why the events of this past year have occurred as they have - but we know that God knows and we trust Him. I love you all and ask for your continued prayers in our behalf.

3 comments:

  1. Nancy, of course you are in my prayers continually, and I will wait to hear on Thursday what the Drs. determine for your treatment. Call me anytime, or e-mail. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aunt Nancy, I had NO idea! I saw Ashley's post that you were here and I thought you were just visiting. We will definitely keep you in our thoughts and prayers. We love you so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you are sending us updates this way. My mom is anxious for information but doesn't want to bother you or Kent. You are a strong woman! You are in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete