Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Sleeve

Since I've talked about wearing a sleeve when I fly, I've decided to show you how I put it on:

Step one - take the white, slippery sleeve and put it on my arm



Step 2 - Pull the sleeve on over the slippery one


Step 3 - Use the pink glove to help slide the sleeve all the way up and get all of the wrinkles out


Step 4 - Attach the green loop on the end of the slippery sleeve, over a door knob
and pull it off

Step 5 - Put on the compression glove


Ta da!!

2 comments:

  1. Can you explain exactly what the purpose of the sleeve is?

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a possibility that I could develop lymphedema in my arm - which means that it would retain fluids and become swollen. Lower cabin pressure in the airplane causes fluid movement in my arm to decrease and it builds up in the tissues. The sleeve provides external pressure so the fluid can be reabsorbed rather than build up. Does that make sense? Thanks for asking.

    ReplyDelete