Friday, December 2, 2011

Aloha 5

Day 5 we spent at the volcanoes. We drove through the National Park - Kent got to use his card again! :) Very different scenery, but still so beautiful!




There was one area where we walked through a more "junglely" part on our way to a lava tube:




This is me inside the tube. The pictures I took of Kent inside were blurry - shocker!



These were some of the flowers we saw on our walks between look-outs:





What you see behind these flowers, is a crater.


We saw these signs all along the route, but never saw the actual bird. Kind of like the moose in Main! ;)

More craters:

This guy was in one of the parking lots - we love birds, remember!



This is all volcanic rock:



We left the park around 3:00 and I drove us into Kona. It was a l...oooooo...ng drive. The last 40 minutes was windy roads. I was so exhausted by the time we got to the hotel that this is what I did for the rest of the evening:


I was asleep by about 8:30. I guess I'm not 100% yet, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment