Saturday, December 17, 2011

Parties, Parties, Parties

This week has been a fun one.

Monday night [12th] I got to have dinner with some of my favorite girls' camp people - and did I take a picture??!!!! I am so dead. ;) Nevertheless we all had a great visit and ate delicious food at Milagros. I love you Glenna Padfield, Val Close, Cheryl Johnson, and Marilyn Barlow.

Tuesday [13th] Kent and I, Sarah, Becky, Dwight, and 4 of the grandchildren went to see A Christmas Carol at the Hale Center Theater. So glad to have the "old" Scrooge back - he is amazing!!! Great time was had by most. Especially when the Spirit of Christmas Present spoke right to Crash on the front row!! :)

Thursday [15th] was our son Alex's birthday! Can't believe he is 29 - aaagh - I'm old! We love you, Alex!!
The evening was spent with some of our dearest friends. We've known each other for 30+ years and have shared many, many happy times. Thank you for the delicious dinner, the laughter, and the love! Penny we really missed you!

Left to right: Celeste & Gordon Galbraith, Us, Charly & Yvonne Harrell, Pam Hassinger [Floyd is taking the picture. Look how beautiful the whole setting is - and the backyard looked like some magical Christmas village - thanks Pam and Floyd!
They are singing Happy Birthday to me. Look at the beautiful torte!!
You can probably guess what I wished for. :)


Friday [16th] I had my last follow-up visit with my oncologist, here in the States. He gave me 2 copies of his notes on me to pass onto the oncologist in Jerusalem and wished me well.
[I wonder how many years it will be before I'm not scared of it coming back anymore?]

Saturday [17th] My friend Jo Ann Clifton hosted a luncheon for a few of us. It was so lovely. The table looked amazing, the food was scrumptious [who knew waffles with peanut butter and syrup could be SO good!!], and the company was wonderful. Thank you to Judy and Brian Clifton for doing all the work, and waiting tables so we ladies could visit!


Left to right - Jo Ann Clifton, Janice Green, JoLynn Miner, Me, Barbara Colter, Karen Strange

All such good, good women - thanks for sharing part of your Saturday!

It has been an awesome week - and now we only have 11 days? until we fly out!

No comments:

Post a Comment