Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Tattoo Day

So, I went in for my "simulation" appointment this morning. It took about an hour and was pretty painless - even the tattoos.
One of the radiation therapists, Gary, took me through my upcoming radiation visits. I don't have to check in each day - I just go change and wait in a little waiting room for the therapist to come and get me. He showed exactly where everything is so I will know where to go.
Then he took me into an x-ray room. He showed me how I will lie on the table each treatment and what sounds the machines make and what the table feels like when it moves. He wanted to make sure there are no surprises when I start radiation.
The x-rays, CAT scan, and tattoos took about an hour total. I have six little permanent freckles now. Actually, on top of the freckles I'm covered with dots, x's, and lines drawn by the therapist and the doctor to take all the measurements for accurate radiation. They assured me it washes off!
Fortunately, according to Gary, I have "good skin" so the pokes for the tattoos were tiny and quick. Whatever makes "good skin" - I'm grateful for it.
I begin radiation next Monday. So, the next stage begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment