This was such a great day! That morning Kent and I decided to go on a trip until the following Monday or Tuesday. First, however, I went to a luncheon at Jan Kunz’s house - in my honor. Any of the sisters in the ward, who could come, were invited. They wanted to celebrate my last chemo treatment. I was so touched - I find it unbelievable that they would care so much!! There were about 10 of us there and we had such a good time. We laughed and laughed and ate REALLY good food. The best part about the food was that most people brought salads. SALADS. Do you know how long it has been since I’ve been able to eat a salad!!! Oh, man, I thought I had died and gone to heaven! Here are a couple of pictures of the sweet ladies. Love you all -- Julie, I'm sorry I only got your arm in the picture! ;)
Kent and I didn’t get off until about 2:30 or so that afternoon. We arrived in Delta, UT 2.5 hours later and had dinner at McDonald's - we’re so trendy. :) Actually, our next opportunity for a meal wouldn’t come until we arrived at the Nevada border - where we spent the night. So an early dinner was more to our liking.
Here is the luxurious motel we stayed in:
The motel was, appropriately, called “Border Inn”. The motel was in Utah and the restaurant/casino was in Nevada. We slept in one state/time zone and had breakfast in another. Great beginning to a great trip!
No comments:
Post a Comment