Tuesday was an unforgettable evening. An organization called "Happy Chemo" hosted a free night at the Hale Center theater in West Valley, for all breast cancer survivors. Jan Kunz and I got tickets and then found out that we could each take one person as a guest. Kathy Howard and Rachelle Clark came with us. There was a guest speaker and refreshments the hour before the play began. We decided to make an evening of it, and left early enough that we could go to dinner first. Part of the "unforgettable"? We had a slight hitch on the trip up - nothing dangerous or life-threatening -- just . . . . interesting. That's all I'm saying.
We did get dinner in but missed the pre-play part. Oh well - all of the survivors got these lovely flowers.
It was actually about twice this long but it got bent in half during the play. We all got to sit together and had a marvelous time watching "My Fair Lady". SO fun! Thanks ladies for a great night!!!!
Friday night was Milagros night. Saturday was the ward Halloween party - only one person there figured out what Kent and I were - way to go, Marnae!
Sunday the Robins kids had their Primary program in Sacrament meeting. Kent and I went. I think it is one of the best Primary programs I have ever seen. So well organized, everybody knew all the words to the songs, they had 3 microphones for the speakers so it moved smoothly - awesome!
You know what really made it a great week? I felt good! The further I get away from treatments the more I realize how good I DIDN'T feel. Now I look forward to things and am not wiped out by small things! Yay!!!!
Oh, and we got our Jerusalem itinerary today. We fly out Wednesday, December 28 at 11:05 am.
No comments:
Post a Comment