In addition to these angels, another blessing came yesterday. Remember how cold it was here?? [38 degrees when I went to radiation]. Well, I was cold, to say the least. In the waiting room they have a warming oven full of nice heated blankets! Heaven!!!!!!!
This will probably sound weird to most of you as well - but when I think back on what I've dealt with since March I feel sadder and more anxious than I did when I actually went through it. When Kent and I met with Dr. Rich earlier this week, I was not excited about seeing him. I felt solemn as I walked into that chemo room. Yet, my mind knew that we were there to talk about going back to Jerusalem - about getting on with life! That I wasn't there for chemo. Is this making any sense at all??
And going the other direction, most of the time when I think of the future I am happy, excited, and optimistic. Yet sometimes the fear of the unknown creeps in. I even worry that I have been BLESSED so much that there must be something really bad coming. :)
But, we could all do the same, couldn't we? None of us knows what our future holds - which is a good thing. We must just go forward, sometimes partway into the dark, and trust that God is there to guide us even when we can't see. I DO know that to be true - for it has happened many, many times in my life. But, it doesn't stop me from getting scared sometimes!
Thank you, Jan, for your words of wisdom and experience - it helps a lot! Thank all of you for reading along and loving me anyway!
No comments:
Post a Comment