Well - I've made it through chemo. These are the sweet nurses who took such good care of me all these weeks! They let me ring the bell and gave me a bottle of sparkling cider.
I'm finding my reaction to the end of chemo rather baffling. Everyone around me has been more excited for me than I have been. Maybe it just doesn't seem real yet ??
Anyway, I feel as good as I always have after chemo. Although, I do have some numbness in my toes - which I hope doesn't get worse and goes away!
I have a follow-up appointment with Dr. Rich in 2 weeks.
Chemo was on Thursday and Thursday evening we had Kent's annual birthday open house and included my last treatment into the celebration. It was so fun to see good friends, eat BYU brownies, and read funny/rude cards. It is one of the highlights of our summer!!!
Friday night we went out to dinner with friends - ate at Milagros - and got to hear Jackson sing for us. Today I have been sleeping quite a bit - perhaps I partied too much!
Even with all of the fun and happy times - there is this underlying "something" that keeps me a bit low. I still haven't looked at any of the information that Dr. Clark's office gave me about radiation.! Maybe actually reading it would make me feel better. Maybe it is simply because it is something different and unknown. Maybe, maybe, maybe . . . . . I'll let you know if/when I figure it out!
Love you Aunt Nancy! Still praying that everything goes well.
ReplyDelete