Friday, August 20, 2010

more apartment pictures

We live on the 5th floor of the Center. Thankfully, if my knees can't take the hike every time, there is an elevator that goes from the 5th to the 6th floor, and another from the 6th to the 7th. The 6th floor is where the gym, Oasis (cafeteria) and class rooms are. The 7th floor is where Kent's office is and the garage. Those my very most basic needs, so I'm good. Anyway, this is taken from the bottom of the stairs looking at the entrance to our hallway. Look familiar Jackson clan? :) Front door number 1/Room 501:

Living room:

More living room:




Kitchen:

By the way, Kent and I went for a short walk this morning. We walked past the Hebrew University, which used to have a convenient entrance for our students to use. I used to go there to mail letters and buy office supplies. the gate is now pad locked. Kent will continue to investigate. Anyway, across the street from the university, at one point, there is an overlook of the Kidron Valley and the Mount of Olives (where the Center is located). Lots of tour groups stop there, today was no exception. One of the groups was actually a Harley motorcycle group! We, of course, stopped to admire the bikes and Kent got a business card from the owner. There is a dealership in Tel Aviv and for only $200/day and a minimum of a 3-day rental, Kent could go on a road trip. What a deal!! ;) Who knew there was a Harley dealership in Israel?

6 comments:

  1. i can't believe that scale is in the exact same place!

    Dear Dad,

    Don't you dare attempt to share the road on a Harley with SHARUT DRIVERS.

    xoxo,

    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, why not? They have McDonald's! Hee hee hee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nancy! I just read your blog and viewed your pictures today! You are off on a grand adventure! Please keep up the postings. It is amazing to see where you live, the sights outside your window, and places you go! I especially loved the pictures of the city outside. WOW! It looks so historic, so cultural, so old and modern mixed together. What a great time you and Kent will have there.

    What does he do there in the Jerusalem Center? What do you do? Do you have responsibilities there also?

    Allie is married now. The reception was great! Lots of dear friends came to celebrate with us. The wedding ceremony was so joyful! They both cried through the whole thing. So did we! It was so sweet! They are off on their honeymoon to Disneyland now. We will see them next Thursday or Friday.

    Please keep posting. I can tell this is going to be my daily check point, just like my email and my bank account. :)

    I haven't seen Jenny or DeWight yet. We will look for them and make sure they feel welcome.

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kent is in charge of the program/students/faculty. I help with coordinating money/lunches etc. for the field trips and keep staff/faculty current on things. I also work with the students in a few ways.
    So glad the wedding was wonderful. Congrats! I'm guessing that Jenny and Dwight will begin moving in once the workers are done and Dwight is working back in town.
    Thanks for taking care of them!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow the memories come flooding in just seeing the few pics you posted. I so wish I could be there with you! Have a great time!
    Trisha

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey, nance, i'm back on, but who knows if it will work in the future. i had to laugh at the interior of your place: it looks like the same designer did the london centre! how lucky. can't wait to learn more. but i'm frustrated: how come you can get your pictures framed and posted so well!? i'm going to need cortnie to give me a few pointers while she's here in london...oh, and sorry for the lower case: this european keyboard drives me crazy: things are in different places, including the "enter" large key. i've given up on capitals for normal conversations, just to keep my sanity. but there is a pound key: £. fun, huh! love to you and kent. i miss you and i'm not even there.

    ReplyDelete