Thursday, August 26, 2010

Outings -- and no pictures! :(

Yea, yea, yea, I know -- I should be including pics. However, right now, whenever I go out I'm just thinking about not getting lost and/or paying attention to where I'm going! I really will add some pictures at some point! (Hopefully, sooner rather than later)
For those of you who've been here before, there is a new mall in the old city by Jaffa Gate. It is a very upscale place. When I say mall, I mean inside the city walls but no roof. They have occasional arches that go across the street, covered with Bougainvillea. There is also a cafe on the top level with a walkway that stretches across the street. There were lots of families out. The Browns took us to dinner there. We wandered the mall a bit first and then went to eat. It was very fun!


Another outing -- we had a ladies night out and went to the German Colony for dinner. We had these huge, crunchy, light bagels with 8 different toppings! Delicious!! It was also nice to get to know one another a bit better. We have some nursing students from BYU-Idaho coming on the program this semester. Their supervisor has been here with us for a few days. She adds another interesting spin to the faculty. Well, I guess she isn't exactly faculty -- she doesn't teach any of the curriculum here at the Center. She works with her nurses at several local hospitals, mostly between classes. Should be nice to have so many medical people around!

My days are full and most of the time I am well and happy. Some days I feel overwhelmed with all that lies ahead, but I learn a little more each day. Kent and the other faculty are in Ein Gev until tonight, checking out the field trip sites for the Galilee trip in November. Kent said it is very warm there - hope it cools off by November. The weather here has become delightful. There is a nice cool breeze mornings and evenings and the temps have been down as well!

We wish you could all be here with us.