Here at the Center we have our Sabbath on Saturday. This past Saturday was our first Sabbath here. It was district conference. It was a nice meeting, and the best part was the view! I'll try and remember to go take a picture and add it.
After the conference was over we gathered in the Oasis for lunch. The Center cooks provided vegie lasagna and bread and then the members supplied salads and desserts. It was really fun to get to know some people and what a variety of cultures we have! We have members from the Phillipines, Russia, South America, and America -- all here working. They seem so glad to see one another because on normal Sabbaths, they meet all over Israel. There are members in Tel Aviv, Bethlehem (who cannot come to church unless they have some government job), Haifa, Tiberius, Galilee. Our Relief Society president is a Palestinian who lives in Bethlehem and works at the consulate office in Jerusalem. The church truly is world wide.
After lunch Kent and I went for a drive (I drove, he navigated). He can remember where things are from the last time we were here! It's disgusting!! But, I'll get it yet!
It was a lovely day and, thankfully, the weather is beginning to cool down so we can enjoy a cool breeze at night!