Wednesday, February 15, 2012

On me and us

Just a quick update on my health and our general life here in Jerusalem. Then, more Jordan:

I feel as normal as I can, considering. The fatigue seems to be getting less and less, which is good. I have my first oncologist visit here, on April 2. Most of the time I am very happy to be here and I love what I am doing and the people I work and live with. I have days when I feel down, tired, unmotivated, and very homesick. But, I have days like that in Orem too [well, not the homesick part :)] so I might as well be here, hopefully doing something good and helpful for someone else.
Kent is also enjoying being here. He does such a good job and those he works with really love him! The students think he's hilarious - announcement sessions are a laugh a minute!
We try to get away once a week if we can. I'll tell you about our latest afternoon off after I finish Jordan.
This Saturday is District Conference. Elder Rasband, the president of the First Quorum of Seventies, will be our visiting authority. Rumors are that we are getting a new District Presidency - we'll see. Our Branch president has gone home and he has not yet been replaced. His counselors carry on.
Anyway, Elder Rasband and his wife, and their daughter and her husband have already arrived. Yesterday and today they are being shown around the Galilee area by our Service Couple up there. Tomorrow they arrive here at the Center and then Kent and I will be their tour guides through Sunday.
I am so grateful for Kent - who is a terrific tour guide and doesn't get stressed over it! I'd be a mess if I were on my own!!
So, that's life in Jerusalem. I know that the news at home paints a scary picture of Israel vs. Iran but we are not worried here. There is no sense that war is brewing - so please don't worry about us. Don't believe most of what you read in the papers - they're just trying to sell papers!
Love to you all,
Kent and Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment