Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Last day of Jordan

Today we spent the morning in downtown Amman: the pictures are through the bus window - so not too great! {I think I've used that excuse before!!}
Corner shop
 

Mosque 

 Mosque close-up with shops in front

Clothing stores. Ha, ha, I just noticed that Kent's reflection is in the rearview mirror :)

Kitchen gadgets
 
 

Head bands 

Other stuff
 

There is a grocery store in the background but the stand out front is full of nuts and dried fruits

This guy waved at me and asked me to take his picture - then he looked away. ;)

I can't remember what this white stuff is called.

After the drive through old Amman we went to a theater and an adjoining museum in Amman.


 Emperor Jackson

I took lots of pictures in the museum - it was warmer in there, for one thing!  :)
 
 
 

You can tell I liked the jewelry & clothes








The women kept their money with them at all times by sewing it onto jewelry or clothing. If they, for some reason, were abandoned by their husbands they would at least have money.






Different stones used in jewelry
 

 

 



  

The bottom floor had several lovely mosaics. This was our favorite. Can't you see that hanging in your house somewhere?


On our way out of town, we stopped in the parking lot of a huge tourist shop. We had Kentucky Fried delivered there for our lunch. There was lots of browsing while we waited for the chicken to arrive, but I don't know if there were many sells. Then we were on our way back to Jerusalem. Our last stop before the border was Beyond Bethany, which is the Jordan river baptism site in Jordan. You take a windy path down to the river itself. These are some of things we saw along the way:



 

 Yes, here is the "mighty Jordan rolling"!  ;) 


The people in the front are some of the students. The people across the river are in Israel, at the Israeli Jordan river baptism site.


We had a lovely experience there, reading the story from the bible and singing songs.

Our border crossing was uneventful, almost, and we arrived home for dinner at the Center!! AND no one got sick on this trip - I think that is a first.

No comments:

Post a Comment