Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Restored

Yesterday, my personal wardrobe mistress, helped me pick out some hats, and accessories for my scarves. Here is today's look. Thanks, Yvonne - it was fun and I'm having fun "playing" too!! Next time, I'll try to remember to put on make up before the picture so I look a little less pasty!

Another friend, Sally Taylor, leant me some wigs to help me along the way! Thank you, Sally! those views yet to come.

So . . . .

I made myself get up reasonably early this morning and go for a walk. Good choice - for sunshine, fresh air, and beauty never fail to restore my spirits. I also listened to beautiful music as I walked - the more I listened the lighter my heart became! Here are some of the first words I heard this morning:


And when I think that God, his Son not sparing,
Sent him to die, I scarce can take it in,
That on the cross my burden gladly bearing He bled and died to take away my sin,
Then sings my soul, my Savior God, to thee, How great thou art! How great thou art!

How grateful I am for my Savior.

4 comments:

  1. We sang "How Great Thou Art" in the church on Mt. Carmel, one of my favorite moments. If you're looking for good music for your walks, you should check out "Joseph - A Nashville Tribute." It follows the life of Joseph Smith and his close associates and is such an AMAZING compilation. My favorite song is "He Walked a Mile in My Shoes." Even if you don't listen to the whole cd, be sure to at least listen to that song and the short narration that precedes it. I found out about it after getting home from Jerusalem and the song has such a special place in my heart now. I love you and admire you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love you Aunt Nancy! Sending lots of love and prayers your way!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janelle - thanks for that - I will definitely check it out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much, Monica - your prayers are working!!!

    ReplyDelete