Saturday, May 28, 2011

2 down - 6 to go!

Thursday was my second round of chemo. Nothing really different than before, except that that morning my hair started falling out. My daughter, Ashley, came and visited with me while I was there - that was fun!

When I got home my friend Yvonne came over and visited until I crashed - she also left some more of her yummy lemon chicken lasagna, which we had for dinner!

In the afternoon, I got one of my really bad headaches. I had talked with Dr. Rich about my headaches at chemo and he wasn't real keen on me taking too many Excedrin, because of the aspirin in it. So, I tried all kinds of tricks to get rid of it - heating pad, walks, tea, nothing worked. So, I compromised - when I went to bed I took 1 Excedrin instead of 2 and used the heating pad on my neck. It worked!!

Friday I got my rosy cheeks from the steroids, lost more hair, and still had a bit of a headache, but not too bad. I went and got my Nulasta shot and came home and took a nap. I got up just in time for Nancy Alder's arrival. She brought me lunch and we had a nice long visit. When I had to take a nap, she insisted on staying, so she just sat a read a book until Kent got home.

Still had a headache when I went to bed - I think it was because I was kind of freaking out about shaving my head. But, I used the heating pad and was able to sleep pretty well.

This morning I was losing even more hair. I was still freaking out about losing my hair. Everyone came over and helped shave my head. Once we began I quit freaking out. All of the Grandkids took a turn shaving - we don't have pictures of all of them - I'm sure someone in the fam - does but here are a few from our camera:

This is Jackson shaving, with Aspen observing in the background.


Now, Haley is taking a turn.

They all did a really good job - I was surprised at how gentle they were and how well they shaved it off.



Daughter Becky, finished it off. And here I am, bald:

When I start figuring out how to look good in a scarf etc. I'll post more pics.
All in all - I am very grateful for the continued blessing of not suffering really bad side affects! And for all of the continued love and support from all of you! Your prayers are working!!!!

1 comment: