Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Our last 2 days

Our first stop today was at the Four Corners. It was fun to be there again. 




I bought some fun souvenirs - some to hang on our Christmas tree:



Our next stop was Blanding, Utah. We visited the Edge of the Cedars state park and museum. Behind the museum was a prehistoric pueblo and the museum contained the artifacts found there and in other places. These are a just a few of the things we saw.
Turkey feather blanket:

Turkey feather blanket missing the feathers:

Insect-leg necklace -- I don't think I could
put insect-anything around my neck!!

Macaw [from the Purple Macaw of  Mexico] Feather Sash:

This is Yucca Fiber. I look at a yucca plant, and I don't see this!

These unfinished sandals were made between 550 & 700 A.D. Made out of yucca fiber!!

Plates and knives:


 Behind the museum - Kent going down in a kiva

Will he come back up?

We saw lots of other things in the museum - pottery, baskets, etc. but these were some of my favorites.

We drove on to Moab where we found a picnic table and played games - which I lost abysmally!! But that's ok - we had dinner in a fun place and then wandered a bit around down town Moab before calling it a night!




Saturday morning we checked out of our motel, bought lunch and drove to Arches, where we spent a few hours before driving home.





This was another wonderful trip, thanks to all of Kent's careful planning! And even though we have been to Arches many times, it never gets boring!!! We hope you enjoyed "traveling" with us!!

No comments:

Post a Comment