This mommy kitten was born here at the Center and now she has babies of her own. I'm really not a cat lover but these are very cute!!!
This past week has been happy, hot, busy. Last Sunday we went with the Schafers to Abu Gosh. We had a great lunch at a Lebanese restaurant and wandered through a lovely park with a Crusader building in it. We tried to go to 2 monasteries - forgetting that it was SUNDAY and they would not be open. :)
Thursday, I went to lunch with some of the ladies here at the center. That was fun - and delicious!
Friday morning, some of us went to an 8-year-old baptism in Jericho at the Jordan River baptismal site.
The family is from Ramallah - on the West Bank and they attend church in Bethlehem. This is the first 8-year old baptism in the Bethlehem group - his Dad has been a member for about a year and performed the baptism. All of the Dad's family was there - they are Orthodox Christian and seemed very happy about this whole thing! Amazing, right???
Friday evening Kent and I went out to dinner with Dan and Debbie Peterson and the Edwards family. The Petersons are taking the Edwards on a tour of the Holy Land. It was a lot of fun and awesome food!
Yesterday was our Sabbath. We had a special District Conference to reorganize the District Presidency. The new President lives in Tel Aviv and works for the FBI; his first counselor works for the UN and WAS the Group Leader in Bethlehem - he lives in Jerusalem; his second counselor lives in Nazareth, has been a member since last August and is a Palestinian. Another amazing!!
Sorry I have been lax in keeping up here. But we're alive and well!!!!

I like the amazing news from Bethlehem and Nazareth! Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDelete