Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Aa-lo-ha

Yes, we went to Hawaii! Can you believe it? Neither can I. I'm so thankful for a talented husband who is asked to do things like this! For those of you who know and love him, you won't be surprised that he did a MARVELOUS JOB!! Oh, you don't know what I'm talking about?? Well, let me fill you in. :)
Kent was asked to be the guest speaker at BYU Hawaii this past week. He spoke at the devotional, and gave 2 lectures on campus. We took the opportunity to vacation while we were there! My plan is to share the day-by-days with you.
Day 1: We left Salt Lake on Monday, November 14. You know how I always set off the dingers and have to be patted down? Well, this time I went through the new "body photo" machine - and I didn't HAVE to be pulled aside and wanded - yay!
I had to wear my sleeve for the flight - pictures will be posted later. Worked fine - I guess. The flight was uneventful and direct - thank heavens. Here are some pictures of our drive into Laie after we landed.



We were greeted by the Dean of religion when we got to campus. He showed us to our room - the same one we stayed in the last time! After we had cleaned up a bit, he and his wife took us to dinner at Turtle Bay. Sorry - no pictures. Food was great and we even saw a celebrity. If you were a "Lost" fan - he played John Locke. Now, he is apparently in the current "Hawaii Five-O". Sorry, I don't know his actual name. ;)
By the time we returned to our apartment we were tired - even though the clock said only 8:30 - our bodies were on Orem time - 11:30. That's really late for us old timers!

No comments:

Post a Comment