we saw different tombs at the Valley of the Kings. I wish we were allowed to take pictures inside the tombs. It is AMAZING how much color is still visible. Every inch of the walls are covered. Lots of stairs and ramps going down into the tombs which, of course, means lots of going back UP. :)
Here are a couple of new photos from Queen Hatshepsut's funerary temple. The nice difference on this day is that we didn't have anyone get sick. This was the day "Hatshepsut's" revenge started last semester. Most of our sickness this time around was upper-respitory stuff.

See, look at the amazing colors.
In the afternoon we took another felucca ride and then rode the camels. I really didn't much enjoy the camel ride this time. The camel was HUGE and I nearly fell off just when he/she stood up! I've been trying to figure out how to do the felucca ride without doing the camel ride but it would mean sitting by myself for an hour with left-over camel drivers. No thanks!

In the afternoon we took another felucca ride and then rode the camels. I really didn't much enjoy the camel ride this time. The camel was HUGE and I nearly fell off just when he/she stood up! I've been trying to figure out how to do the felucca ride without doing the camel ride but it would mean sitting by myself for an hour with left-over camel drivers. No thanks!
The felucca trip back to the hotel was not as efficient as last time. As before, we were pulled by a tug boat, in tow with several other feluccas, but we just sat on the river for about an hour, waiting for the tug boat to come. We had lots of fun, of course - I mean, we're sitting on the NILE River in EGYPT! But, it did eat up the free time we would have had that afternoon to go into the city. So, it was a LITTLE bit frustrating. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment