Yesterday my visiting teachers [well actually only Penny Bird was able to go] took me and Georgia Wilkerson to the Springville Art Museum to see the quilt display! We had to wear the plastic glove so we could touch the quilts if we wanted to.
Wow - I am so amazed at the talent and the work that went into these beautiful quilts. Below are some of my favorites:
This one was made for a grandma from the clothes of a grand daughter who died at the age of 16 months:
Notice the lamps and tables between the chairs and some of the chairs have something on them. So clever and beautiful:
I took a picture of this one for my brother/sister-in-law, who served a mission in South Africa:
I think this was my favorite. There are wild animals all around the outside, then a "fence" that protects the homes from the animals!! It is amazing.
After the quilts we went into another area where some friends of Penny's, Lance Larsen and his wife, had a display. He writes poetry and his wife does photography and paintings. They had a joint display. Here is a poem he wrote that I really liked:
Thanks Penny - we had a grand time. We missed Celeste and Mary who weren't able to join us!!
Wow - I am so amazed at the talent and the work that went into these beautiful quilts. Below are some of my favorites:
This one was made for a grandma from the clothes of a grand daughter who died at the age of 16 months:
Notice the lamps and tables between the chairs and some of the chairs have something on them. So clever and beautiful:
I took a picture of this one for my brother/sister-in-law, who served a mission in South Africa:
I think this was my favorite. There are wild animals all around the outside, then a "fence" that protects the homes from the animals!! It is amazing.
After the quilts we went into another area where some friends of Penny's, Lance Larsen and his wife, had a display. He writes poetry and his wife does photography and paintings. They had a joint display. Here is a poem he wrote that I really liked:
Of course after a lovely time at the museum we HAD to go to the Creamery and get ice cream - yum, yum. It was roasted almond fudge. I'm salivating just remembering!

No comments:
Post a Comment