I finally had my play date with Max. He actually wanted to go to Disneyland and cried when I said "that ain't happen'n". I didn't realize he wasn't aware of what Disneyland IS. Mean Grandma!!! Anyway, Mom smoothed things over for me and we went bowling instead. He was most excited about the cool shoes he got to wear.
So, we began by having him push the ball from the floor.
Here he is encouraging the ball:
It's still moving down the center - slowly:
But, in the end - gutter ball. Grandma threw a LOT of those!!!

So then I got smart and we used a ramp. He felt much better about it if he got a good run and then pushed it as hard as he could, down the ramp.
One small problem with the running - sometimes the ball left without him. :)
After one game of bowling we moved on to the arcade games.
Yea - it wasn't really this fast - I'm just not a good motion picture taker.
A lot of crashing going on here - but fun crashing!
He came so close, so many times - I'm sure that is the point. Close but no reward.
Very intent on what he is doing!
.jpg)
I finally convinced him we needed to go to lunch - I was STARVING!! We went to In-n-Out. We had to sit on the stools up at the counter.
Isn't he SO cute!!! I love my Max.
We actually tried to go miniature golfing after lunch, but winter hours start at 3:00 pm. He was disappointed. Maybe next time, Max!
Second playdate - Skylar. About a month after Max. Skylar started the day off by losing a tooth!
Then we played games and ate creamies.
Farm Country at Thanksgiving point was her choice for the day.
She wasn't really sure she wanted to stand too close to the horse. But, doesn't she look cute in her Sheriff hat?

I wasn't fast enough on this one. There was a big fat sheep standing up over the top of the fence when I started taking the picture. Ah, well!!!
She was a little nervous at first but loved riding the horse.
This was a new attraction since I was there last. They took us on a wagon ride - pulled by a tractor. I think that was the favorite part for both of us. We did it twice. :)
I had to send her to jail for a time-out! See how upset she is:
NOW she's getting into it. :) I think it occurred to her that the Sheriff shouldn't be BEHIND the bars.
She would have stayed in this part for hours. Again, my stomach said "It's past time for lunch!"
Her goal before we could leave: Gather up every plant card in the room, put them on the conveyor belt and let them gather in the bin at the end. I think she did it!
Lunch at Taco Bell - she ate it all!!
Love you tons, Skylar!!!!



















Some bowling alleys will put bumpers in the gutters. We used to do that with our kids.
ReplyDeleteIt did have bumpers that popped up when he bowled. :) Not for me though, and I'm the one who needed them!
Delete