Monday, January 13, 2014

Pajama Gramma day

Friday, January 10, Crash and I had a play date. I picked him up from school and we went to lunch. It was pajama day at school so he wore his pajamas on our date.
 
He took a piece of pepperoni pizza because he knew he couldn't just go straight for the dessert!
 
 As you can see, he took a few bites of said pizza and then went for the Oreo pizza! His favorite. :)
 
Next stop was Nickel City.
 
His first game - slice the fruit:

He did really well on this one.

 
See how intent he is?
 
 He is trying to shoot these giant spiders - yikes!!!
 
I think this was his favorite. And he was really good at the motorcycle game. Guess its in the blood! Here he was on a track in Moab.
 
 Here he is in outer space . . . .
 
 . . . going through a worm hole.
After such success on the cycle he decided to try driving a car. Not quite as good. He pretty much drove everywhere BUT the road and was flattening light posts, garbage cans, etc. His comment - "This is way more fun 'cause I can crash into lots of stuff!"

This one was pretty much a bust. It is supposed to simulate a roller coaster ride. But after Disneyland - BORING!!!

 
 
We did play air hockey together, which I didn't take pictures of. I must say I did rather well but he won 7 to 6. :)
 
 
Final nickels were spent on dancing. He removed his boots and coat for this one!!!

For those of you who don't know how these arcades work. Each game rewards the player with a certain number of tickets, depending on how well they did. The tickets can then be redeemed for prizes.

This is what he got for 85 tickets: This "elaborate" pirate's hat and one tootsie roll, which he is eating.

Final stop before home - Arctic Circle for a Butterfinger milk shake. Crash said to me, "Grandma, you know how today was pajama day? Well, I've been calling it pajama gramma day. And if we hadn't gone to Pizza Pie CafĂ©, I would have picked Chuck-a-rama. Then it would have been pajama gramma Chuck-a-rama day!!!"  I love this boy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment