Friday, August 10, 2012

Turkey Day 3

Our first stop today was the Anzak beach memorial. It is also known as Galipoli. It is in honor of all those who lost their lives in WWI trying to take this beach from the Turks. I love this huge plaque - showing the words spoken by Ataturk at the dedication of this spot:


Here is the cemetery:


This is in honor of all those who died here but were never identified

I took many pictures of headstones because I was so touched by what they said on them. These are only a few and notice their ages:



I think this was my favorite part of the day. There was a sweet
feeling there.

After lunch we took a ferry across the Dardanelles to the site of Troy.





 Troy







The Trojan Horse. From left to right: Eric Huntsman, Kent, Eran Hayet, Jared Ludlow, Steve Harper

Our hotel this night was on the beach. It was called Hotel Ida Kale. The students had a grand time in the pool and on the beach as well. It was nice way to relax. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment