Saturday, January 14, 2012

Private field trip

Yesterday, which was Friday the 13th [huh, I just now realized that it was Friday the 13th!], 2 of the faculty with wives, and Kent and I went on our own field trip to Jericho. Because it is in the West Bank we had to have one of our security guys be our driver and stay with us for the day - hope HE had fun! We also had to have passports to get through the check point.

Our first stop, once we arrived in Jericho, was an archeological site called Hisham's Palace. This is inside the entrance - guard seats.

This was once a window in the palace:



This is the 6 of us: Margaret and Jared Ludlow; Kent and me; Elaine and Eric Huntsman
[Side note - Elaine was sustained today [Sabbath] as our new RS President and I am one of her counselors] 



 A mosaic floor:


 This is the largest, intact mosaic in existance -- The Tree of Life:

Sorry - you'll have to wait for the rest! Love you all   :)

No comments:

Post a Comment